What I can do with BeOne's EDI:
BeOne's EDI allows you to exchange different types of standardised documents between heterogeneous information systems. This is because EDI is able to collect document data in any format and automatically sends it to its destination in the format required by the customer.
The use of the EDI system is strategic because it integrates with many modules of the BeOne solution, including the Document Management System (Electronic Archiving), BeOne e-Invoice (electronic invoicing), TMS and WMS.
The informations that can be exchanged through BeOne, thanks to the use of the EDI system, are several: the information that can be exchanged through BeOne:
- • Personal data
- • Articles
- • Outcomes
- • Invoices
- • Forms
- • Customs manifest
- • Accounting Movements
- • Warehouse movements
- • Customers Orders
- • Supplier Orders
- • POD (Proof of Delivery)
- • Collections
- • Package labels
- • Shipping
These are the statistics of BeOne:
year: 2018 – Messages exchanged: 20.844.612
year: 2019 – Messages exchanged: 23.468.274
year: 2020 – Messages exchanged: 19.948.455 (as of 05/11/2020)
An example of data exchange concerns the taking over of shipments by a partner.
- • The transport informations that the partner entrusts to the forwarder is received via EDI so that the shipment data does not have to be re-entered into the system;
- • When the shipment is delivered to the consignee, the result of the shipment and the POD via EDI are sent to the partner so that the partner receives and imports the information into his system automatically.Likewise, if it is the customer of Nova Systems to entrust a shipment to a partner;
- • The shipment informations to be entrusted are sent via EDI to the partner so that the partner does not have to re-enter the shipment data into his system, but finds them already uploaded;
- • When the partner has made the delivery, he will send me the result and the POD via EDI, so that I automatically find the shipment in "delivered" status and the POD is entered in electronic storage.
THE ADVANTAGES that come from using the EDI system:
- • It allows enormous time savings for data entry operators, who, if I receive the information directly from the partner's information system, do not have to manually re-enter the data into the system;
- • the possibility of human errors is reduced or even eliminated because it increases the accuracy of the information. On the other hand, if I have to manually re-enter the data in the management system, typing errors by operators could occur (e.g. wrong company names or, even worse, wrong amounts);
- • the use of paper is no longer necessary, with the consequent reduction in management costs and greater attention to environmental protection;
- • EDI facilitates the exchange of information in real time between the two partners;
- • given the fundamental importance of EDI, service continuity is guaranteed thanks to the redundancy of data (Business Continuity) guaranteed by Nova Systems;
- • the EDI system is guaranteed by Nova Systems, which has an internal department with specialised and qualified staff that deals exclusively with EDI services;
- • in the EDI portal the customer can configure the alerts to be activated according to his preferences. In this way the notification system warns the user that the data has been received via e-mail or reports any errors.